Saturday, May 8, 2010

My ultimate comfort food


The last week has probably been my coldest in Melbourne so far. In light of this, I have found myself day-dreaming about big steaming bowls of pasta - my ultimate comfort food. Well, I will use any excuse to cook for friends on a Friday night! I wanted to cook something delicious but easy, so I decided on a simple spinach & ricotta tortellini with bacon, garlic, chilli, passata and spinach, and finished off with a good handful of fresh basil and a sprinkling of parmesan. One of my guests was actually a chef and was very impressed with my efforts, so I felt pretty happy with myself! This tortellini is my idea of the perfect comfort food for a cold and rainy night and the perfect company for swapping silly stories and plenty of wine! Sometimes absolutely nothing beats a home-cooked meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment