Saturday, May 1, 2010

Simple pleasures

I can't help writing a little post on my fantastic food-filled ANZAC Day long weekend. Spent some quality time with some of the extended family for a bit of hearty home-cooked comfort food. Unfortunately I was too caught up in all the celebrations to take a photo of the delicious slow cooked beef and vegetables courtesy of my gorgeous Auntie S... but I did however remember to take a photo of the most important part of any meal - dessert! And true to tradition, my Nanna brought out her famous cream-filled sponge cake topped with lashings of fresh cream and sliced banana. Of course in true Nanna-style, extra cream had to be to served with the daggy but irresistable classic. Who can argue with a giant piece of creamy, fluffy goodness? Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment