Tuesday, April 6, 2010

L'Espresso Monday




Easter Monday was spent with the rellies in Ballarat doing what I do best - eating and drinking and sussing out the local food joints. L'Espresso is a friendly, quirky cafe, bar and restaurant in Sturt Street which has been around for at least as long as me. The last time I was there, I was in nappies! The unique feature of L'Espresso is its extensive collection of more than 2000 CDs from around the world. The staff were friendly and accommodating, the atmosphere was very chilled out and the food and coffee were of high quality. Tender mouthfuls of fresh-made gnocchi accompanied with pancetta, chilli and napoli.



Dessert consisted of the best homemade hazelnut gelati I have ever tasted - and I have had more than my fair share of gelati in my time! A satisfying cup of espresso coffee topped off what was a very lovely lunch experience in country Victoria!


L'Espresso
417 Sturt Street
Ballarat
VIC
03 53331789


No comments:

Post a Comment